A Lavender Latte is a coffee drink that combines espresso, steamed milk, and lavender syrup. Making lavender syrup at home is simple: all you need is a few minutes, some sugar, and some lavender buds.
The following are the ingredients you'll need to make this drink:
- Whole milk
- Lavender simple syrup
The steps how to make a lavender latte:
- Make the lavender simple syrup (scroll down how to make the lavender syrup).
- Make a double shot of espresso and combine it with the lavender simple syrup.
- Steam or froth the milk.
- Pour the steamed milk into the lavender espresso.
- Finally, a lavender latte is ready!
How To Make Lavender Simple Syrup
It is very easy how to make the lavender syrup by your own.
You only need:
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lavender blossoms
- In a small saucepan, combine water, sugar, and lavender blossoms. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, until the sugar dissolves. 1 minute at a low heat Remove from heat and set aside for 30 minutes to steep.
- Pour syrup into a sterilized glass jar through a mesh strainer to remove blossoms; set aside to cool.
Does Starbucks Have Lavender Flavor?
Yes. Starbucks has lavender flavor.
If you're looking for a delightful, light, crisp new summer treat that's completely unique, Starbucks' new Iced Honeycomb Lavender Latte should do the trick. While many coffee specials are hyper-intense or overly sweet, the honeycomb-lavender combination is unique and sounds like an amazing calm.
Lavender Tea Latte
It doesn't get much better than this calming lavender tea latte that is actually lavender. Lavender may be an acquired taste for some, but I've always enjoyed it in drinks and just about everything else I've tried. This simple tea latte not only looks lovely, but it also tastes divine, with vanilla steamed milk and a light, calming lavender flavor. Something about the perfect foam on top makes it feel like a decadent drink I'd order at an Instagram-worthy coffee shop.
So, lets make this easy lavender tea latte at home!
You will need:
- 2 tbsp culinary grade lavender
- 1 cup bottled or purified water
- 3/4 cup preferred milk
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Purple food coloring
- Bring a small saucepan of water to a boil. Add the lavender buds, reduce to a low heat, and cook, covered, for about 5 minutes.
- Strain the lavender buds, then fill a mug halfway with hot tea and set aside.
- In the same (rinsed) saucepan, heat the milk, honey, vanilla, and purple food coloring until the edges begin to simmer.
- Remove from the heat and either use an immersion blender or transfer the milk to a blender. Blend for 1 minute, or until foamy.
- Fill the mug with foamed milk until it's full, then use a spoon to scoop the foam on top.
- Drizzle with honey or sprinkle with lavender buds. Serve immediately.
Lavender Latte Calories
For a lavender Latte of (1.5 teaspoons) contains 3.1g total carbs, 1.9g net carbs, 1g fat, 1g protein, and contains 16 calories.