If you like Starbucks' Pistachio Latte, you'll love this easy-to-make at-home version! This made with espresso, milk, pistachio syrup, and brown butter cookie topping will warm your winter!
- 2% milk (or the dairy or non-dairy alternative of your choice)
- Brewed espresso or strong coffee
- Pistachio syrup
- Brown butter cookie topping
- Crushed pistachios, for topping
For the Pistachio syrup:
- Granulated sugar
- Chopped pistachios
- Salt (if using unsalted pistachios)
Or just get the ready one such as; Torani Pistachio Syrup, Amoretti Pistachio Praline Syrup, Jordan's Skinny Mixes Pistachio Latte Syrup, and Monin Pistachio Syrup.
For the brown butter cookie topping:
- Brown sugar
- Salt (if using unsalted butter)
How to make a pistachio latte:
- Simply heat the milk to a temperature of 140-150 degrees. This can be done in the microwave or on the stovetop.
- Pour the pistachio syrup and brewed espresso into a heat-resistant glass.
- Starbucks' grande lattes typically contain 2 shots of espresso and 4 pumps of syrup (or "sauce," as it is referred to in this recipe).
- A shot of espresso is 1 ounce and there's a lot of conflicting information on how many ounces a pump of syrup is. Answers seem to range anywhere from .25 oz to 1 oz, but it seems the general consensus is .5 oz.
- for this pistachio latte, I recommend using 2 ounces of espresso and 2 ounces of syrup to make this as close to Starbucks as possible.
- Stir the espresso and syrup together as they often separate immediately after you pour them.
- Now, pour the steamed milk.
- Finish with frothed milk. Then drizzle on the brown butter cookie topping.
How To Make A Pistachio Latte Cold
You will need:
- 1 oz. Monin Pistachio Syrup
- 2 oz. espresso
- 5 oz. whole milk
- Some ice
- Glass: Tall/Pint
- Garnish: pistachio nuts (chopped), whipped or ice cream
- Glass Size: 16 oz.
How to make:
- Fill serving glass full of ice.
- Pour ingredients into serving glass in order listed.
- Pour mixture into mixing tin and back into serving glass to mix.
- Add garnish and serve.
How To Make A Pistachio Latte Less Calories
The added sugars and full-fat milk, like many of Starbucks' drinks, are delicious but not the healthiest. This variation on the Starbucks Pistachio Latte reduces the fat content and allows you to customize the ingredients, making the drink a healthy option that fits your low-fat, low-sugar, or other lifestyle! To reduce the fat content, honey and vanilla replace the browned butter, but if you don't like the flavor of honey or vanilla, simply use the butter instead.
This is the recipe how to make a pistachio latte less calories, healthier!
- ½ cup brewed espresso or strong coffee
- 1 ¼ cups skim, soy, or oat milk
- 1-2 tbsp. pistachio syrup (to taste)
- 1 tbsp. honey
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. granulated Splenda, Stevia, or other sugar substitute
- Tool: Milk forther
How to make:
- Heat the milk in a large mug in the microwave until it is very warm but not boiling. Place aside.
- In a mug, combine the honey, vanilla extract, pistachio syrup, sugar substitute, and coffee, stirring to combine with the steamed milk. (Optional: make foam with a milk frother.) Enjoy
How Many Calories Are In A Starbucks Pistachio Latte?
According to Starbucks, the Pistachio Latte has "cozy flavors of sweet pistachio and rich brown butter paired with espresso and steamed milk." The latte has a sauce "made with real pistachios and flavors of salted brown buttery topping," according to a press release.
There are Calories: 320. Fat: 9 g (5 g sat fat) Carbohydrates: 48 g in a Starbucks Pistachio latte.