One of the most popular drinks at Starbucks, the Iced Caramel Macchiato is made with their signature espresso, vanilla syrup, 2% milk, and ice. Caramel sauce is added to the top of the drink
See how simple it is to recreate this Starbucks favorite at home in under 5 minutes!
- 3 tablespoons vanilla syrup
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup ice
- 2 espresso shots
- 1 tablespoon caramel sauce
How to make a caramel macchiato drink at home:
- Pour vanilla syrup, milk, then ice into a cup. Top with espresso shots. This drink makes 16 ounces (a grande Starbucks size).
- Add caramel drizzle.
What Is Starbucks Caramel Macchiato Made Of?
Starbucks Caramel Macchiato is made with vanilla syrup and milk on the bottom, followed by espresso shots on top of the milk and ice, and finished with a drizzle of caramel. An Iced Caramel Macchiato must have the milk at the bottom and the espresso on top.
Related post: How to make caramel latte
What’s in Starbucks Iced Caramel Macchiato?
The grande drink is made with two shots of espresso, three pumps of vanilla syrup, two percent milk, ice, and caramel sauce.
How Many Pumps Of Caramel Are In A Caramel Macchiato?
There are 3 pump of caramel in a caramel macchiato. A barista pours vanilla syrup into a cup. (A Grande size, 16 ounces, requires 3 pumps of syrup.) The Grande size will be used for all of my beverages in this article). Then there's milk and ice.
How To Make A Caramel Macchiato At Home Without An Espresso Machine
This is how to make a hot Starbucks copycat caramel macchiato at home.
- 1 tablespoon regular or sugar-free vanilla syrup
- 2 shots of espresso or ¼ cup of extra strong coffee
- ½ cup of steamed milk with foam (you can use regular milk or your favorite milk alternative)
- 2 tablespoons regular or sugar-free caramel sauce
Blend together the vanilla syrup, ice-cold milk, and espresso or coffee. In a serving glass, pour over ice. Serve with the caramel sauce drizzled on top.